Monday, January 11, 2010

45. Do a Full House Cleaning

DONE

This one took a lot of time over my winter break. I discovered two amazing cleaning supplies, though: magic eraser and bleach solution.

My friend suggested I use a magic eraser for scuffs on the kitchen floor, and that suggestion changed my life! The magic eraser cleaned every mark off the kitchen floor. It cleaned stains off the bathtub that I thought would outlive me! I don't know how it works, but it is definitely magical. I already had a clean house, and the magic eraser made marked improvements.

Growing up, we never used a bleach & water solution to clean. Well, my parents just didn't spend much time cleaning. I think that's part of the reason I'm so obsessed with it. I've eased into using bleach to clean, and I finally made a spray bottle of bleach solution as one last attempt to clean grout in the shower. I sprayed, opened windows to cut the smell, and then let it sit. After a few minutes, the grout looked a lot better. Plus the solution did most of the work, so I didn't have to scrub much! It was amazing.

The bummer about cleaning is that it's such a temporary thing. It is difficult for me to be understanding when the house inevitably gets dirty again. These two new supplies will help because they really make the place look a lot better when it is clean!

To see my original "50 Goals in 500 Days" list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment