Saturday, September 19, 2009

Goals- 50 in 500 list

You may or may not have heard of the Day Zero Project. For this project, people create a list of 101 things to do in 1,000 days. I like the idea of such a list: it promotes working toward goals, helps people avoid ruts, but personally I feel like 101 things is a lot, and 1,000 days is a long time for which to plan. So I created my own list: 50 things to accomplish in 500 days! With my busy and unpredictable life, 500 days is about the furthest I can comfortably plan. As I accomplish tasks on the list I will blog about it here! Here is the list:



Health

1. Run a 7 minute mile

2. Lose 5 pounds and keep them off for a month

3. Speak at church about the health benefits of a vegetarian diet

4. Floss daily for one month

5. Eat all meals at a table without doing anything else for one week

Food

6. Go Vegan for a month

7. Make Vegan Ice Cream

8. Make Vegan Cheesecake

9. Make Vegan pumpkin pie

10. Get a new "in a pinch" dish

11. Bake something and Give it to Neighbors

Dog

12. Transition Dog to Vegetarian Diet

13. Train dog to NOT bark at people who walk by the house

14. Find a person to do dog-sitting vacation-swapping with

15. Get dog boots

Random

16. Donate Blood

17. Write a letter to my Congressperson

18. Go To the Theatre

19. Win a contest at DefCon

20. Throw a Party

21. Go to a shooting range (again)

22. Use only reusable bags for one month

23. send out Christmas cards (on time!)

24. visit LACMA

25. Write letters to one friend/family member per month (1/16)

26. Get a Pedicure

27. Volunteer at Animal Acres

28. Travel somewhere new

29. Make a photo album

30. Accumulate a decent "nice work clothes" collection

31. Start a blog

32. Go Camping

33. Change my name to my married name on all accounts

Business

34. Release a Beach Trip Book

35. Release a Football Book

36. Make a Birthday Book

37. Get written up in a magazine

38. Promote book at a local fair

Teaching

39. Earn my teaching credential

40. Pass all 3 subsections of the Math CSET Exam

41. Start working as a substitute teacher

Home

42. Make best friend those utensil pouches I promised him

43. Make decent throw pillows

44. Plan 2010's vegetable garden so that it's really productive

45. Do a full house cleaning

46. Reorganize closets in house

47. Install storage shelf in utility closet

48. Hang pictures up

49. hang a ball that tells me how far to pull in the garage

50. Paint a picture

Alternates

Find a wood chair to replace one of the old upholstered one

Visit Huntington Gardens again


FYI

Italics means in progress

strikethrough means completed

Some of the items are in progress or completed because I've been thinking about this list for a while.

My goal is to complete the whole list in 500 days, meaning the deadline is Saturday, February 5, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment