Wednesday, March 31, 2010

33. Change my name to my married name on all accounts

DONE

For those who haven't done this, it was a pain, but not as much as I anticipated. Once you have a copy of the marriage license, it's not too bad.

Surprisingly the most "official" accounts, such as credit cards, are the easiest to change; I just called them up and gave them my new name.

The pains were places like Frequent Flyer accounts. They all wanted copies of the marriage license. Luckily, though, I had my maiden name become my middle name. That meant I could have these pain places simply add my new last name to my account, and since nothing was deleted, they didn't need the marriage license!

Good luck to all of you who have to do this. It's not that bad, so I suggest you take an afternoon to just call all your account places and get it done.

To see my entire 50 Goals in 500 Days list, click here.

1 comment:

  1. We got married almost 2 years ago and I STILL haven't changed my name on my credit card. Maybe I should do that ...

    ReplyDelete