Monday, March 29, 2010

An Award!

I feel honored to have been passed the Honest Scrap award by Holly at Scattered Words. So with no further ado here are 10 things you may find interesting about me:

1. I'm scary good at mental math. I can add, subtract, divide, and multiply in my head like nobody's business.

2. I would love to re-learn French and speak it well. I took 4 years of French in high school and knew it pretty well, but alas a lot of that is gone since I never used it.

3. I just got bangs a few weeks ago. I hadn't had them since elementary school, and now I have a full-on fringe. Plus, I love it.

4. I had my first green smoothie last week! It was soy milk, banana, frozen blueberries, and spinach. Verdict: yummy, but it really gets stuck in teeth! I look forward to having more since they're supposed to be so crazy good for you. I'm even planning on freezing spinach for these purposes.

5. We went to the shooting range this past week, and on my first shot with a target, I got a perfect bulls-eye! Here's a picture for proof (it shows the bangs too!):

6. I love Star Wars. My husband got me hooked on the movies/culture.
7. I hated onions until my now-husband introduced me to delicious cooked onions. Now I eat onions almost every day.
8. I would love to be an athlete. I didn't play organized sports after elementary school, and I always wish I had. I would try sports, but my family never supported me really getting into it. I'm trying to workout more, so maybe someday I'll have a sport.
9. I tutor for the S.A.T., and because of that I'm a grammar whiz. Now that doesn't mean I apply everything I know when writing a blog, so don't hate! I can pick up most grammar errors in a written work, though.
10. I love to read and wish I had more time for it. I also wish I could be the next J.K Rowling or Stephanie Meyer.


1 comment:

  1. I stink at mental math, lol. I use a calculator for EVERYTHING - well, if I can't count it out on my fingers first :) My husband's huge into Star Wars too - he has his own light saber and the whole deal. I'll watch the movies with him but going to conferences? No way!

    ReplyDelete