Wednesday, February 3, 2010

13. Train dog to NOT bark at people who walk by the house

DONE

I didn't even realize I'd accomplished this until I was reviewing my list, and I realized the dog doesn't bark at people who walk by anymore! Training the dog is work because he is part terrier, meaning he is very strong-willed. We really have to be consistent, and even then it takes a while to modify his behavior.

Since I absolutely love my dog and think he's the cutest thing in the world, here are few pictures of him. This one is of him mid-leap running on a dog beach we visited recently:


I absolutely love that picture because he just looks so darn happy.

This picture is of him digging a hole in the sand on the same beach. He LOVES to dig in the sand, and we don't mind it because he's so funny doing it!

Also, we rescued Noah from the SPCALA shelter in Long Beach. The shelter was really nice and clean, and the dogs were pretty happy. Noah is a great dog and I am so glad we have him! Everyone who is able should rescue a pet today.

To see my entire 50 Goals in 500 Days List, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Your dog looks a little bit like my Chloe :) What kind is he? She's very strong-willed too, and so smart - she gets bored easily! It's hard to keep up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We *think* Noah is a Bichon-Terrier mix. I love how distinct dog personalities can be!

    ReplyDelete