Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Are You Kidding Me?!

That is the thought that passes through my mind 95% of the time that I map a hot vegan spot I've heard of. Why this thought, you ask? Because all of these places are SO CLOSE to my old apartment in Hollywood. The apartment that, when I lived there, I wasn't vegan. I was becoming a vegetarian, and I was way too removed from the LA veggie web-world to read blogs that talk about all these veggie food gems.

So now I'm stuck miles away, in a vegan food desert. Well, we have some options, but they're pricey. I'm stuck in "Whole Foods Vegan World" and the hollywood area is "Cool Inexpensive Vegan World with a Million Choices". I'm about 25-30 miles away from these great places, and in LA traffic that's a decent distance.

I know a lot of vegans would like to be "only" 30 miles from many vegan restaurants, but it's really not close enough to conveniently visit these restaurants with any regularity. We stopped at one place on the way home from visiting family last weekend, and it was still a good 40 minutes from the restaurant to home. Today's had a lot of bummers, it's one of those days, and reading about yet another vegan place in Hollywood was just too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment