Tuesday, October 13, 2009

40. Pass all 3 subsections of the Math CSET Exam

DONE
Today I received confirmation that I passed the last of the Math CSET exams! Yay! For those of you who don't know, the CSET exams are California Subject Education Tests or something like that. They can be used to demonstrate subject matter competence for potential teachers.

For example, I want to be a high school math teacher. In order to do that, I must demonstrate that I know math well enough to teach it. This can be done through completion of a Bachelor's degree in math. Well, I don't have that. So the second way to show that I know math is to take the Math CSET exams and pass them, which I did.

The CSET exams are a pain because they're not just one test per subject. Well, some simple subjects just have one test. For most subjects, though, you must take between 2 and 4 tests on the subject. Each "subtest" focuses on a different area of the subject. In math, the first test covered algebra through precalculus, and number theory. The second test was on geometry and statistics. The third was calculus and the history of math. Each subtest took me a good 4+ hours to complete. Hence the reason I am so happy to be done with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment