Tuesday, October 6, 2009

30: Accumulate a decent "nice work clothes" collection

I going to consider this one DONE because I now have quite the choice when getting ready in the morning! I was inspired by some friends to visit Goodwill before visiting retail places. Going to Goodwill weirds me out, but I was able to get 2 skirts for a grand total of $13! That made the trip worth it.

Then I hit up T.J. Maxx and found a bunch of tops. Going to places like this (ex. Ross, Marshall's) is a little weird, but the deals are so good! I spent $80 and retail the items would have cost about $200. Again, it's such a good deal that it's totally worth it.

In a related vein, I'm so proud of myself for finally being in a place where I know my own style. I am finally saying goodbye to all those years of awkward outfits that people said looked good on me, but weren't me. I'm also finally learning how to say NO to something that's a great deal, but isn't flattering.

What works for me includes feminine cuts, solid colors, simple patterns, layers, sheer fabrics, and classic cuts. I'm going to be honest: I'm not cutting edge or bold. But I am proud that I'm also not frumpy or old lady. No sweater sets for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment