Monday, June 28, 2010

I got hooked on Twilight

picture from here

About two weeks ago one of my friends followed through on a promise and loaned me her Twilight books. I took the first one on our trip to Sequioa National Park, planning to read it on the drive.

I started the book, and wasn't in love. Well, the story hooked me about a hundred pages in, and in the next nine days I read all four books, plus the novella about Bree Tanner, plus the unpublished Midnight Sun. Yeah. I got addicted.

I didn't want to get obsessed with these books. I've heard so many people criticize them, but I liked them. Yes, they're not classic lit material, but they're for young adults! I thought the characters were great and I really wanted to know what would happen to them next.

If you started the series but haven't read them all, I would recommend finishing the series. Twilight's the weakest book, in my opinion. The last one, Breaking Dawn, was really good.
Since I sprinted through the books in order to learn what happened next, I'm re-reading the books to really read them this time. I so don't have the time for this, but I enjoy it so much!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete